Monday, August 13, 2007

HOLY CRAP ITS HOT !!

Dude, it was 110 with the heat index this past weekend, and i was dying. We rolled out onto Chapel Hill's course at about 0700 sunday, and it was so hot and humid, the road was wet. I was shocked how much i sweat so during that ride. I drank over 200 ounces of gatorade and I even started eating little salt packets in order to prevent the total dehadration and sodium depletion state. Overall, it was probably one of the hardest rides I have ever done. Trying to keep up with some of you roadies on those hills with my legs and a tri bike was not easy.

It is thursday morning, and tues and wednesday is done. in the world of liam= i'm done with the hard days(until the weekend). I woke up this morning with my roomate yelling "Liam, wake up!" Dude, my legs hurt so much this morning, i really contemplated going back to bed. Tuesday was a 2 hour interval session on the bike in the blistering misery of Texas heat, and then a 2500 yard battle in the pool at Tommy Elder's (92 degree pool). I swam competitively for over 10 years, and i have never gotten a over-heat/dehadration cramp in a pool before. Wednesday began with a 1 hour heart rate ascension on the bike, and when i was done, i was done. not really - a lil' 6 mile jaunt as well. I definetly increased the protein intake after that one.

I really had some heavy legs this morning, and i was hurting. There is a hurricane brewing in the gulf, and the heat has subsided a bit. We will continue to watch the progression of DEAN, and hopefully it will not prevent my Germany bound intents.

Safe training.

1 comment:

pinkgurugal said...

I think the muscle milk will help. and more sleep. and more food.
our jobs get in the way of fun. i hate that!