Friday, September 14, 2007

degrees of change

It has finally cooled down a bit in good ole Tejas. A bit, which is unbelievably almost exponentially cooler, Is only about 5 degrees. It has made training almost enjoyable again. Training down here in the heat is painful. Even a short run can turn into crampy, tight, thirsty, and an overheated effort. Doing track workouts or intervals on the bike when the ground is well over 115 degrees is sickening. But, all of it makes you stronger. So, for now, we have a slight reprieve and we can enjoy it. It will be nice to hold a steady heart rate, and make all my track intervals on time, and even swim in a pool that is not 95 degrees.

Last night, I swam over with the west university group, and I felt like a fish. It didn’t hurt, and it was refreshing. We did 6 x 250’s and I hit them hard, and felt great. I rode my bike to the pool, and put about 90-120 minutes down on the pavement before, and I hardly sweat riding over there. It was still 90 degrees, but with no humidity and a nice breeze from hurricane gellato or whatever its name was, it was so pleasant. It almost felt like early fall in god’s country (BOSTON-NEW ENGLAND AREA).

By the by, has everybody seen the announcement for 70.3 Ironman Boise, Idaho. I am there.

No comments: