Sunday, March 2, 2008

Texas wind

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry


This weekend's long ride was long. One of the, if not most, windiest days I have ever encountered on the road. I would have rather of done 5 hours on a trainer than dealt with that wind! So, with a southerly wind, it made sence to head due south for an out and back, man. I soent the majority of the day way over my prescribed watts going 12.5 mph into a 25-30 mph head wind. I guss it made me stronger, but I was cursing Mother Nature at certain points.

I truly almost ended up getting blown off a bridge and falling directly into the Brazos River. The route, on a normal day, would be a great, safe, scenic, smooth ride throughout true Texas farm country. I am surprise Kathleen did not get blown over, being alot smaller than me!

My legs are feeling it, I'm a little windburn, and I think there is a tiny tumbleweed stuck in my right eye. It was a good day, and some great training, regardless.

For some sick reason, while I was driving back to town, I got the urge to do some yoga, and went directly to Joy Yoga, and did an hour. I didnt think I was going to be able to do it, because my legs were chewed up, but I did. Truely, it fealt great. It loosened me up, and I left there feeling fresh. Yoga is definitely something worth working into your schedule for any triathlete.

4 comments:

KCWoodhead said...

We should have just gone to Cowboy Church...

Woody's Biker Bar next Sunday...be there.

greyhound said...

Katy blows.

Big surprise. You stopped by to see the hawt Yogini. I'm shocked.

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patty's Liam from one Irishman to another. I'm celebrating by studying for surgery boards.-
Luke

KCWoodhead said...

Yes, the Texas Wind is still blowing, but your blog is getting pretty boring.