Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Necessary?

I am getting ovar a nasty chest virus, still hacking up small volks-wagons, but i have decided to stop taking my codine filled cough syrup, because...

I left work yesterday, emotionally drained, pretty miserable, but physically ready to throw down some miles. I had a track workout to complete. Not insane, a 3 mile warmup and 8x400's at 76-77 seconds, with a little cool down. Not difficult, but something i need to be ready for. The codine got to me, and Jasper and I slept till 2000, passed out. I am sure that was good for my illness, but I woke up a little pissed. I finally got to the park at 2030, and I sat in my car with bed sores, and just mentally focused on my present work situation, wondering what i was doing there.

I never really think about it, I just do it. I am rather conditioned to training, double sessions, hours of putting fitness in a bank, a bank that will always be there, even when i'm broke. With work and other things having me question and prioritize the real importances in my life, work truely not being one of them, I am in a stale status. With one constant in my life, triathlon. As i sat in my car, i realized i didn't have a choice, but to lace up and put one foot in front of the next.

When i cruised through my last 400 in 77 seconds at 2130, the air was so thick i could see it under the street lamps, i was dripping sweat to the point that i resembled getting out of a pool, my legs finally felt loose, my chest was almost clean od flegm, my eyes were open, the endorfins slowly kicked in, and i realized that training is a necessary part of my life.

1 comment:

KCWoodhead said...

Gosh...your track workout went way better than mine. I'm sick all over again after having a heart rate of 190 after my first interval...back to bed and drugs.