Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day



Well this was the view from down the street at Good Harbor Beach, after I rode my bike yesterday. I woke up at 4am to get in my trainer ride, so I could continue on with St Patrick's Day! I know its crazy, but I am 100% Irish.

My mother and I ventured down to NYC to watch the parade from the steps of St. Patrick's Cathedral, the grand stand of the parade. My Mom's cousin's husband is NYPD, and in charge of security, so we got to enjoy the parade from the best seats in the house. It was a beautiful day, sunny and clear. A beautiful parade as well, bagpipes and green everywhere. My real camera's battery is dead, so no cool pictures. Waking up at 4am was definitely worth it.

It was great to see my relatives, and watch a parade that truly celebrates Irish heritage(the parade is older than the USA). the 10 hours in the car, and stiff legs today were small beans compared to an incredible day.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

These are the days that shape our lives in a special way! You got it right and fit it all in...training, family, love..the whole bit! Sounded like an amazing day.. But wait I thought you wew 99% Irish...HA!!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.