Friday, December 14, 2007

Gradual Build and other thoughts...

So far, so good. It feels so good to be back training with a plan. I feel human again. Right now, and for the rest of december, i am simply just getting some fitness back. I am concentrating on running right now, with a 6 days a week regimen. Biking only 6 hours, and swimming about 8k. I also am doing my offseason resistence training routine, which feels great. I pulled something in my quad this past week doing squats, but it has finally loosened back up.

Sugar has two 2008 Specialized S Works Transitions on the floor, and they are pretty tight. So fly down to good ole Tejas and get you one. Another beautiful sight is the 08' Orbea Ordu. The new flat black/carbon frame is beautiful, truly a Pyranese work of art! And light as air.

I am so excited for this upcoming season. After a few weeks of down time, and eating, it became apparent that my life revolves around triathlon. Not just racing, every bead of sweat leading up to it.

Which brings me to life. I need to decide whether i am going to continue doing what i do for my full time job or not. This is difficult, because it confortable, i know how to do it, and i get enough time to train/race(usually), but i am not in love with it. I am a firm believer of loving what u do, so your moneymaker is not work(in the bas sence of the word). So, these next few weeks well be tough making this decision. But, once i make it, there well be a sweet breeze of freedom in the certainty or uncertainty of it.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. Be safe.

2 comments:

Kel and Migs said...

Ahoy, Matey!

Yeah, I hear your disillusionment with your employment. The game is broken. I get it. Here's the reality, though, ALL THE GAMES ARE BROKEN. Everywhere and anywhere. These games were handed down from irresponsible morons and they are all missing pieces, cards, fake money, chips, pegs, score cards and sometimes the game board is actually torn in half BUT it is about working with what you have and making the BEST OUT OF IT.

True story.

I remember feeling the same way about the Corps about....100 times a week, but it is the only job I loved and the only one I miss. Seriously, THE ONLY ONE.

I just encourage you to think on it long and hard (like a tootsie roll) before making any decisions that you can't reverse.

On another, and very tangential, note.... I thought of a t-shirt that we can trademark....I believe they will sell like HOT CAKES!!!

It'll be green. Across the chest it'll read "RECYCLE" and have the recycling triangle. On the back it'll read "Eat a Tootsie Roll". There can be a grafic of a Tootsie Roll. It's optional. But only sick, twisted, dirty bastards like ourselves will get it!!!

Ok, maybe not "like HOT CAKES" but it'd be funny. :)

Permission to come abord Captain Stubing?

;)

Tarabay said...

Man, she’s a witty one… I get it…

Contentment vs. Ambition… hummm… Could make you turn grey if you think about it too much.. Good Luck…