Wednesday, December 19, 2007

mia fascia and you

after months and months of putting it off, i finally got a massage. and i even scheduled another one for january! this is something i need to do. with my l-5/s-1 herniation in my spine, i have some weird tendancies that my body has developed, and it causes an acute amount of pain daily in my left leg and lower back. of course, training leaves my whole body a little sore, so most of the time it is masked by volume and intensity.



so, i arrived at cheryl's massage works looking forward to the relief, but not realizing the amount of good pain i was about to endure. her perfection of mia fascia is amazing. granted i could have bit through the massage table at times, i felt great afterwards. after the massage i rode easy for 90 minutes, then went to masters swimming. ouch. ouch. ouch. ouch. my shoulders were killing me as i swam. when i woke up this morning i felt as if i had just raced a half ironman. lastnight i even pee-d a ecto-cooler green! there is a crazy amount of toxins in our bodies. These massages truly prevent injury and allow us to be refurbished for the next day. the mia fascia really hurts, but is so neccesary. so go do it. email me and ill give cheryls contact info.

training is going very well. december will end with me averaging about fifteen hours a week. i feel as though this will be vital in preparing me for what lies ahead in january and beyond.

2 comments:

pinkgurugal said...

glad you are back in the blogosphere writing again. i think the tri commune needs to have cheryl just move in and massage the both of us with all the back pain we have!

Unknown said...

good idea getting a massage! i had a half-hour one a couple weeks ago, and boy did that shit hurt at the time, but it was totally worth it afterwards! does cheryl make housecalls?! :)