Saturday, July 28, 2007

body-shock!

Dude, when i started my run today it was so humid it was foggy out. Misery. I got the workout done, and my body felt good, but it was so hot my body temp was through the roof, and was very uncomfortable.

Gearing up for steelhead 70.3 for the rest of this week, it will be a nice to have a little reprieve at the end of the week, then hammer out the half im on the shores of lake michigan. these past few weeks have been a good little bump in the intensity of my training. i started a strict/specific training regiment during thanksgiving 2006 for the 2007 season, which landed me at half ironman 70.3 oceanside, california(march), usat national championships in portland, oregon(june), now steelhead(august), then itu world champonships(september), and hopefully finishing up november 14th in clearwater, florida at 70.3/half ironman world championships. believe it or not your body gets used to the consistent massive volumes of intensity and time that triathlon training is constructed of. months go by, and you need to throw a wrench in your system, and almost shock it. that is what janda did to my training schedule starting in july. it has been painful, tiring, mentally tough, but absolutely exciting and another rewarding experience training has brought me.

jasper chewed up one of my roommates shoes this afternoon while we were running, not cool. jasper is literally in the dog house right now.

1 comment:

pinkgurugal said...

But that shoe leather tasted so yummy!