Sunday, July 1, 2007

nationals - i need bigger legs

well, it was hilly. hillier than i thought. there was probably half a mile of flat on the bike and none on the run.

so...i got my as kicked on the bike, and i couldnt make it up.

i was really dissapointed and still am, but there are good days and bad days.

so, i will move on, and try to get bigger legs and learn to be able to hang on the bike with the best.

i need to be able to ride harder, and that is what this sport is about. progress, and turning your weak points around.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you feel disappointed. :( But you're right, it's all about getting better! At least you made it all the way to nationals! And we're all proud of you, no matter what.

I need bigger legs too. I did a tri last Sunday and definitely thought my biking was crap. Sugar Mamas dominated, though! Anna got 1st overall female, and I got 2nd! We both won our age groups too (well duh). John got 1st overall male. It stormed realllllly badly and I was told it actually hailed on my last mile of the run.

Liam O'Connell said...

dude, that is awesome. if you stay focused, you will really go somewhere in this sport. just dont get burnt out.

congratulations!

you riding sat? or doing discoman?

007Flex said...

L... gotta balance all the mileage with resistance training. Let me know if you'd like me to show you a few good exercises at the gym. I can get you a pass if needed.

sheeeeeeeee-t...